Back to home page
East Davis Route
route code: E
This began as the New Pavement Route, intended as a temporary tour of streets that were repaved in the summer of 1999.
- from Central park at 4th and C Sts., head north on B St.
- left on 7th St. (circumventing B St. stoplight)
- second right on T-intersection with Miller Drive
- left on 8th St. and continue west through two stoplights
- right at 4-way intersection with Sycamore Lane
- look for West Davis Elementary School on the left for 1st rest stop--drinking fountain available, but rest rooms are closed after hours
- continue north briefly on Sycamore Lane, then turn right on Villanova Drive for a long, smooth sprint interrupted by a stop light and a couple of stop signs
- Villanova becomes 14th Street and ends at a T-intersection with F Street
- Two options for crossing the railroad to J Street:
- Overpass--turn left on F St., right onto the overpass, and right again on the other side onto J St.
- Underpass--turn right on F St., then immediately left into a parking lot and exit onto H St. on the other side of the lot; turn left on H St. and head north to find the underpass; where the bike path ends on the other side, turn right on J St.
- left on Drexel Drive
- right on L St.
- 2nd left on Alice St.
- 2nd rest stop at Chestnut Park--restrooms and drinking fountain available
- from restroom area, proceed south on bike path to Craig Place cul-de-sac
- left on Haussler Drive, which becomes Snyder Drive when it turns north
- just before the street turns west, turn right onto short bike path to stoplight on Pole Line Road
- cross intersection to Loyola Drive and take first right onto Regis Drive
- follow Regis Drive until it circles back to Loyola Drive
- turn right on Loyola, then take first left onto Tulip Lane
- right on Temple Drive past Slide Hill Park
- left on Monarch Lane at T-intersection, then immediate right into Campbell Place cul-de-sac
- enter bike path and turn left, then follow the bike path as it heads eastward parallel to East Covell Boulevard
- after crossing Alhambra Drive at a stoplight, the path eventually turns right and heads south
- when a sign on the left points to the right to Ascada Place, turn right and head west to cross a street to reach La Playa Park for 2nd rest stop--rest rooms and drinking fountain available
- return to bike path and continue south
- left at T-intersection to emerge on Atlantis
- head south through intersection across Alhambra to Caricia
- continue south through two intersections and turn left onto bike path
- slow down to cross a street and continue on bike path
- bike path curves back to head west--can be slippery when dusty
- bike path ends at Spafford and 5th Sts.
- take 5th St. west to 2nd stoplight by the post office and the Pole Line overpass
- cross to other side of 5th St. to continue west on bike path
- bike path turns left at next stoplight
- when bike path ends, continue south on L St.
- turn right on 4th St. to head west back to Central Park
Back to home page