Back to home page
North and West Davis Route
route code: NW
Our oldest route, most of it uses bike paths.
- from Central Park at 4th and C Sts., head north on B St.
- left on 7th St. (circumventing B St. stoplight)
- second right at T-intersection with Miller Drive
- left on 8th St.
- next right on Eureka Ave.
- right on West 14th St.
- left into parking lot by Veteran's Memorial Center
- enter bike path at Northeast corner of parking lot
- head north on bike path with overpass, crossing Grande Ave. to reach Northstar Park
- Northstar Park is the 1st rest stop--has restrooms and a drinking fountain
- proceed northeast of the restrooms to cross Anderson Road and head north on Sandpiper Drive
- when Sandpiper turns west, head north on bike path
- follow long stretch of bike path until you see a basketball court on the left
- past the basketball court, take the first right into the Elkhorn Place cul-de-sac
- right on Quail St.
- left on Sycamore Lane and proceed south to stoplight
- right on bike path and proceed west through two stoplights, then stop
- take crosswalk south to bike path on the other side of the street
- turn right to head west several yards, then left on long winding bike path to underpass
- after underpass, take right fork
- bear left to 2nd rest stop with drinking fountain and Porta-Potties
- proceed west a few yards and take right fork into another underpass
- head north on winding bike path to a bench on the left
- turn left on bike path to Isle Royale Lane and through intersection with Denali Drive
- as Isle Royale curves left, turn right onto bike path, then turn left to head south along West Area Drainage Pond
- after bike path turns right to follow Arlington Boulevard, get off bike path and onto Arlington
- head west on Arlington, crossing Lake Boulevard at the four-way stop to Marina Circle
- Marina Circle eventually cirles back to another four-way stop with Lake Boulevard
- turn right on Lake Boulevard and head south across Russell Boulevard to bike path
- turn left to head east and take second right turn to head south to bridge over highway 113
- continue east to a parking lot on the right
- 3rd rest stop--drinking fountain available south of parking lot next to hockey rink
- go to stoplight east of parking lot to cross Anderson Road and head toward another parking lot
- follow bike path along west edge of parking lot and take the first left on south edge of parking lot
- head east through two traffic circles (rough pavement between the traffic circles)
- continue east through more rough pavement by the Memorial Union, past edge of campus onto 3rd Street
- cross B St. at the stoplight to reach Central Park
Back to home page